I have a confession to make – or rather, a series of confessions.
1) I love new shirts. I bought two new shirts on clearance the other day, and they’re awesome. They still have that “new shirt texture”, and since many of my shirts are extremely threadbare, wearing some new ones is damn-near luxurious.
2) I love my courageous friends. Several people that I know are coming from places in their lives where they are recovering from something – pain, or weariness, or complacency. They’re thinking new things, or doing new things, or questioning old things – even though they occasionally get punished for it. Mostly, they are, all of them, exploring what it is like to give up certainty and comfort for the uncertain pleasure of truth for its own sake. They are warriors, and I love them for that. You guys know who you are.
3) I love the cool winds that usher in the dog days of summer. Cool winds remind me of the breath that God blew into Adam’s nose, and they’re very uplifting. Also, I haven’t worn my beloved hoodie in months, and I’m ready to re-hoodify myself. Why can’t it be fifty-five degrees every day?
4) I love realizing that I am in a place of piece for a moment. Right now I’m not theologically torn about anything, and I’m excited about the future. It probably won’t last long – as Brandi often says, if I don’t have something to stress about, I’ll make up something to stress about. And on that note. . .
5) I love Zoloft. It works much better when you take it.
6) I love the idea that sometimes, the world gets a little better, instead of a little worse.
7) I love finding out when that happens.
Let’s all take a minute today to calm the fuck down. God is good. What do you love?